Saturday, June 30, 2007

No such thing as a free lunch

I am not quite sure why I believed that banks were care free institutions, waiting to throw money at any person seeking a loan. I guess it was all the credit cards offers I receive in the mail. Or perhaps it was the easy in which one can obtain a student loan. In any case I have come to the realization that getting the loan I require might actually take some work!!!

The SBA provides all sorts of information for small businesses. They even offer classes (online tutorials) on how to start a small business. Knowledge is power, right?

Anyways, I am still going forward with my plan to incorporate Absolute Value Investing. But will it be a small business? I don't really know if it qualifies. The business would really just consist of me, investing in Nintendo, Terra, and other stocks with momentum.

From the bank's point of view, why should they invest in lxl investing? After all, couldn't they just invest their money in Nintendo or Terra? Sure. However, doing so does not guarantee gains. I am required to pay back any loan that I make, even if the stocks I invest in go bust. Of course this is exactly what I am going to have to convince the banks of. Maybe, I will be forced to start small to show the banks that lxl investing is profitable. Then after they feel more comfortable I will be able to obtain larger loans.

www.sba.gov - lots of info to check out.

No comments: